Applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain

If you have been in the UK for a certain number of years, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). ILR (or Permanent Residence) will allow you to live in the UK free from any visa restrictions and eventually apply for British Citizenship. more

Personal Injury

Claiming for a Personal Injury at Work

If you are injured at work, you may be able to claim compensation from your employer if his or her negligence caused the injury to occur. more


Can I go to Prison for Possessing Drugs?

If you are caught in possession of a controlled drug you have committed an offence under UK law. You are unlikely to face incarceration for a first offence; however, there will be serious consequences to face if you are caught. more

Residential Property

How to Obtain Planning Permission for a Residential Property

If you wish to build an extension on your home or put a summerhouse in the back garden, chances are you will need to apply for planning permission. more

Personal Injury

Claiming for Slips and Trips

Trips and slips are the most common types of personal injury claims. They can occur in the workplace, on a public road or footpath, in a shop or someone’s home. Injuries caused by slips and trips can range from cuts and bruises to broken bones, paralysis and in rare cases, even death. If you have been injured in a slip or trip accident caused by the negligence of a public body, employer or another person, you can claim for compensation. more


How to Apply for a Forced Marriage Protection Order

If you are in immediate danger, please call 999 immediately. A forced marriage is where a marriage takes place under duress, without the full consent of both parties entering into it. Both males and females can be subject to forced marriages, which are illegal under UK law. more

Commercial Law

Four Essential Elements of a Commercial Contract

To create a legally binding commercial contract, the agreement must contain four essential elements. more


What Support is Available for Victims of Crime?

Victims of crime often feel that all the support available is aimed at the accused, rather than them. However, under the Victim’s Code (the Code), the police and the courts have a duty to impart certain information and provide support to victims of crime. more

Personal Injury

Making a Claim for Personal Injury After Being Injured At Someone’s Home

If you or your child have received a personal injury whilst visiting someone else’s home, then you may be able to claim compensation if the injury was caused by the occupier’s negligence. more


How To Get A Tier 4 (General) Student Visa

The United Kingdom boasts some of the finest universities and colleges in the world. Students from all over the planet come every year to study at these incredible institutions. However, to enter Britain, they must first obtain a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa. more

Commercial Property

How Tenants Can Quit a Commercial Lease Early

In business, the lease on your shop, office, factory or plant is often one of the biggest overheads. Therefore, negotiating favourable terms when you sign a commercial lease is imperative for the ongoing success of your enterprise and keeping your stress levels in check. more

Commercial Property

Agricultural Tenancies

Under UK law there are two types of agricultural tenancies. They are: more

Commercial Law

The Law of Waste Management

Local bodies, individuals and businesses (especially those within manufacturing or agriculture) need to know the laws pertaining to waste management contained in Part II of the Environment Protection Act 1990 (the Act) and the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010 (the Regulations). more

Civil Litigation

The Law of Defamation Explained

Defamation may occur when a person makes a statement that damages your reputation.  The 1936 case of Sim v Stretch provided the common law test which is 'would the words tend to lower the plaintiff [claimant] in the estimation of right thinking members of society generally?'  Lord Atkin said: “A defamatory statement is one which injures the reputation of another by exposing him to hatred, contempt, or ridicule, or which tends to lower him in the esteem of right-thinking members of society.” more

Thanks for your feedback!

Share on social media :

Google+ Twitter Facebook
Thanks for your feedback!
We will review it shortly.