Residential Property

Party Wall Disputes If you live in a terraced or semi-detached property (as a majority of people in England do), then you will have a party wall between you and your neighbour. However, like all boundaries between properties, party walls have the potential to cause disputes between neighbours. The law surrounding party walls in the UK is governed by the Party Wall Act 1996. more
Stop Noisy Neighbours - Legal Advice Britain is a crowded little island; home to 64.1 million people. So like it or not (and most people don’t), living here means residing very close to your neighbours. more
All you Need to Know About Stamp Duty Land Tax Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) was introduced on 1st December 2003 to replace stamp duty. Stamp duty was a charge on documents and was easily avoided by ensuring that there was no 'stampable' document. SDLT does not depend on documents. It is a tax on land transactions and aims to capture any transfer or creation of value in land for consideration. more
How to Avoid Inheritance Tax The dramatic rise in house prices over the past five years, especially in London and the South East of England has seen an increase in the number of people who will die leaving an inheritance tax bill. Once the curse of the gentry, with large country piles filled with art and a ‘little flat’ in town, almost anyone can now be subject to inheritance tax. more
Taking Action Against Your Landlord for Disrepair If your rented property is in serious need of repair and your landlord has ignored your repeated requests to fix the problem/s, then you may be able to take court action to get them to fix the problem & provide you with compensation more
How to Obtain Planning Permission for a Residential Property If you wish to build an extension on your home or put a summerhouse in the back garden, chances are you will need to apply for planning permission. more
My Neighbours Tree is Encroaching on my Land If your neighbour’s tree is encroaching on you land you need to act quickly to avoid damage or further damage to your property.  As a landowner you have a right to compensation if a neighbour’s tree is causing harm or disturbing your enjoyment of your property. more
When do I Need to Apply for Planning Permission? If you have plans to renovate your residential property, then you will need to be aware of the planning permission rules surrounding the work you wish to undertake. more
The Legal Process When Buying a Home Buying a home is an exciting process, especially if you are a first-time buyer.  However, the legal process can be complicated and may seem to take forever.  So if your fingers are itching to get hold of your new house keys, this guide will answer all the questions you have about the legal process of buying a home. more

Google+ Twitter Facebook
Thanks for your feedback!
We will review it shortly.