Personal Injury

Claiming Compensation for Child Abuse

If you have suffered physical or sexual abuse as a child it is possible to claim compensation if the local authority failed to protect you from your abuser/s. more

Residential Property

Stop Noisy Neighbours - Legal Advice

Britain is a crowded little island; home to 64.1 million people. So like it or not (and most people don’t), living here means residing very close to your neighbours. more

Residential Property

All you Need to Know About Stamp Duty Land Tax

Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) was introduced on 1st December 2003 to replace stamp duty. Stamp duty was a charge on documents and was easily avoided by ensuring that there was no 'stampable' document. SDLT does not depend on documents. It is a tax on land transactions and aims to capture any transfer or creation of value in land for consideration. more


How to Get an Occupation Order

If you are in an abusive relationship, you are entitled to seek an occupation order so you can make your partner move out of the family home or gain access to the property if they have barred you from it. more

Residential Property

How to Avoid Inheritance Tax

The dramatic rise in house prices over the past five years, especially in London and the South East of England has seen an increase in the number of people who will die leaving an inheritance tax bill. Once the curse of the gentry, with large country piles filled with art and a ‘little flat’ in town, almost anyone can now be subject to inheritance tax. more


How to get a Non-Molestation Order

If you are in a violent relationship with aspects of physical, emotional or mental abuse, you are entitled to seek a non-molestation order to keep your abuser away from you and your children. more


What is burglary?

The offence of burglary is defined under the Theft Act 1968. To be found guilty of the offence the prosecution must prove, beyond reasonable doubt that: more


Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Brexit But Were Afraid To Ask

On 23rd June 2016, the British public took to the polls to vote whether or not to remain in the European Union (EU) or to leave. They voted leave. more


How To Conduct An Employment Disciplinary Hearing

Disciplining employees is not a function many managers relish in. In fact, many will go out of their way to avoid confronting a worker who clearly needs bringing into line. However, the longer a problem like a difficult employee is left to fester, the worse it becomes and you risk bringing down the morale of other staff members if you do not deal with the matter promptly. more


All About Pre-nuptial and Post-nuptial Agreements

No one wants to believe that their marriage will not last forever. However, a third of marriages end and financial negotiations in divorce proceedings can be devastating emotionally for both adults and children if they turn nasty. A pre-nuptial or post-nuptial agreement allows couples to negotiate how they will split their finances before relations sour; therefore, if the marriage does fall apart, there is a pre-agreed document to refer to when splitting marital assets. more


What To Do If Your Dog Is Seized For Aggressive Behaviour

There are around 10 million dogs in the UK and most of them are well-behaved and safe around other people and animals. However, some dogs can behave aggressively, and may be seized by the police as a consequence. If you are an owner, having your dog taken away from you can be devastating. This guide explains the steps you can take to have your dog returned to you. more

Disputes Resolution

Interim Injunctions Explained

An injunction is usually a separate action within a larger claim. It is a discretionary remedy that takes the form of a court order and requires a party to either refrain from doing something (prohibitory) or to specifically do something (mandatory). Where a temporary injunction is put in place pending the outcome of proceedings between the parties this is known as an interim injunction (previously known as an 'interlocutory injunction'). more


I Have Been Caught With No Insurance On My Vehicle

Driving a vehicle without insurance is a serious offence. This guide explains what happens if you are caught driving an uninsured vehicle and the penalties you may face. more

Personal Injury

Everything You Need To Know About No Win No Fee In Personal Injury Claims

If you have claimed, or wish to claim for a personal injury then it is likely you have heard of the concept, ‘no win, no fee’. However, very few people understand what this means in practice. Do you have to pay for any expert witnesses? Can a solicitor sneak in extra charges? If I lose, do I have to pay the other sides costs? more

Thanks for your feedback!

Share on social media :

Google+ Twitter Facebook
Thanks for your feedback!
We will review it shortly.