Information Technology Solicitors
Do you need to draft a software purchase contract? Have an information privacy dispute? Then you need an expert information technology (IT) solicitor. You will find one here at Solicitors Guru. (more...)
IT Law – what is it?
IT law is a dynamic, ever-changing field of law. As we rely more on technology, and an increasing number of start-up businesses are operating in the IT sector, the requirement for specialist IT legal advice keeps growing.
Software contracts can be complex beasts. Issues that must be considered include:
- the software and what it shall be required to do
- the scope of any development work being carried out
- ownership of the intellectual property rights (IPRs) in the software and future developments
- the scope and restrictions on any licences being granted, such as duration or equipment restrictions
- delivery of the software and acceptance provisions
- liability for failure of the software to meet its requirements
- any warranties or indemnities
- whether any additional services will be provided
- change control provisions that are flexible enough to take into account changing business priorities
You run a risk trying to draw up a software contract yourself. To ensure you cover off all of the above points, instruct an IT law expert.
The Data Protection Act 1998 governs the processing of personal data in the UK. It obliges processors of personal data to comply with eight principles, including;
- personal data must be processed fairly and lawfully
- personal data must be accurate and kept up to date
- personal data must not be kept for longer than necessary
Under the Act, people also have the right to know what information is being held about them.
Finding an IT lawyer
If you need a specialist IT solicitor you will find one in your local area on our website. We have also encouraged past and present clients to comment on the service they received from each firm.
Let us help you search for a technology law specialist today.
- Information technology in London
- Information technology in Manchester
- Information technology in Birmingham
- Information technology in Nottingham
- Information technology in Bristol
Information technology Law experts in:
Helpful stuff on your legal case
How to Draft a Watertight Software Agreement If you are selling or developing software, it is imperative that you have robust agreements drafted when dealing with customers and suppl... more
How Can I Protect My Privacy Online? The highly controversial Investigatory Powers Act 2016 - or snooper’s charter has been effectively passed into law and will come into eff... more