As the British population ages, pension law is becoming more relevant. To find a pension solicitor, start your search through Solicitors Guru today. (more...)
Pensions and employers
Pension law is especially relevant to employers. The auto-enrolment regime, introduced on 1st October 2012, requires employers to enrol all eligible jobholders automatically into a qualifying pension scheme (and enrol all non-eligible jobholders who opt in) and pay a minimum level of employer contributions on behalf of those jobholders. The duty is being phased in gradually, with the largest employers coming in first.
The provision of pension benefits is therefore becoming an inevitable part of the employment relationship between employer and employee.
Besides their auto-enrolment obligations, employers and their advisers will, among other things, need to be aware of:
- their legal duties in relation to pension provision (including stakeholder provision and auto-enrolment)
- the relationship between employees’ contractual pension rights and their pension rights arising under the pension scheme trust
- the issues that arise where employers wish to make changes to employees’ pension arrangements
- the statutory obligations on employers to consult their employees on pension changes (both under pensions law and employment law)
- issues that arise when implementing a salary sacrifice scheme for employee pension contributions
- issues relating to termination of employment (in particular, the pension losses that may arise and how they are calculated)
Employers who require legal advice on pensions can rely on Solicitors Guru to help them find a specialist pensions solicitor who can assist them with their query.
Beside each law firm, you will see that past and present clients have had an opportunity to rate and write a review of the legal practice and the service and advice they received.
Solicitors Guru is completely independent. Our aim is to provide the public with a fast, effective way to search for the best legal advice on their particular matter.
Start your search for a pension law solicitor with us today.