Nationality And Citizenship Solicitors
Becoming a British Citizen represents a life-long dream for many people who have chosen to make Britain their home. At Solicitors Guru, we can assist you in making that dream come true by matching you with the right solicitor. (more...)
Eligibility requirements for British Citizenship
The most common way to become a British Citizen is to apply for naturalisation. The process is the same for both EU nationals and non-EU nationals, with one exception; EU citizens must have a Permanent Residence Card, which they can apply for after five years in the UK as long as they have been exercising their EU Treaty rights (ie through working, studying, self-employment or are financially self-sufficient.
Non-EU nationals must have attained Indefinite Leave to Remain to be eligible to apply for naturalisation.
Other requirements include:
- applicants must pass an English language and Life in the UK test
- applicants must be of ‘good character’
- applicants must plan to live in the UK
- no more than 450 days must have been spent outside the UK during the last five years
- no more than 90 days must have been spent outside the UK in the last 12 months
- applicants must not have broken any UK immigration laws
If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend a citizenship ceremony.These are organised by your local council.You can bring along two guests and the fee is currently £80.
How to use Solicitors Guru
You can use Solicitors Guru to find an immigration solicitor who specialises in naturalisation and British Citizenship.Many of our solicitors undertake legal aid work. Simply browse or search through the website for an immigration law expert in your area. Each law firm has a ranking and former clients have been provided with the opportunity to leave a comment detailing the type of service they received.
Start searching for a solicitor to assist you with your British Citizenship application today.
- Citizenship Solicitors London
- Citizenship Solicitors Manchester
- Citizenship Solicitors Birmingham
- Citizenship Solicitors Nottingham
- Citizenship Solicitors Bristol